Mike's progress

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hopefully everyone has had a great Thanksgiving full of reflections of what you are thankful for. I ate too much, as many people did today. As blessed as I am and as great as today has been, I feel like crap. As of this past Tuesday I weighted 408 pounds. I am in a tailspin and quite possibly have crashed after my 2nd bowl of dumplings today. My daughter has also bore the brunt of the scale and poor eating habits as she hit a milestone of high weight herself this week. It is sad for me to realize that food has such a power over the common sense of eating right. Alas, I sit here and plan my 30th Daddy/Daughter weight loss contest to begin Monday. I am completely embarrassed at how I can lose 50 pounds in less than half a year and gain 55 back just as quick. I am also completely peeved that I could allow my daughter to lose 20 pounds in the same time frame only to gain about 30 back.

I won't waste anymore of a happy Thanksgiving being down on myself. The future of this blog is up in the air right now. Possibly I will start a new and fresh start blog this weekend, or I may just get past the crappy things I've done and get back on track and blog by eating recovery on here. Either way I'll be back on track tomorrow. As long as I keep getting back on my feet, I have not been defeated...no matter how many times I get off track. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment