Mike's progress

Sunday, November 13, 2011

What it is, what it was and what it will be

It is all good now. Since last update, I have dealt with my mom having a stroke (she is doing well now), minor health scare for myself and still awaiting word on when my job will be closing. I am still going to school full time via online courses and also working full time. As busy as I have been, I have managed to find time to eat enough to gain EVERY single pound back that I had lost. As of last Tuesday I was about 403 pounds...even though my doctor's scale only showed 370. Hopefully his diagnosis are more accurate than his scale.

As my first sentence stated, it's all good now though. I know what to do, just have to get back to doing it. I have stocked the house with fruits and veggies that I like. The "bad" food has either been consumed or thrown out. As of tomorrow I am back to taking plenty of healthy grub to work and have lighter options waiting to be made for dinner. Water will be replacing diet soda as my drink of choice...I have my headache pills ready for the caffeine withdraw headaches that will come. If I can only find the motivation to stay after work and use the company gym I will be all set.

I was going to start a new blog, but I got to thinking about it and decided not to. This weight loss thing is an adventure and not just a quick thing for me. This blog shows my successes and also my bumps along the way. For every day, week or months I went without posting is a reminder of my adventure being derailed and hopefully will help remind me of what not to do.

So I begin my journey to lose weight again and of course it is right at the eating portion of the holiday season. That will just be a badge of motivation when I overcome the "bad" food and backhand the second helpings away. I am back to basics. Small portions, limited processed foods, more veggies and fruits, lots of water and getting active. No junk, candy or fried stuff, but also no healthy foods that I can't stand and no depriving myself of anything. If I want it, I'll eat it. I just won't eat four times the recommended serving size. Gonna take things one meal at a time and my goal is to take it 10 pounds at a time. The first big goal is getting to 349, than it will be to weigh 299 and at 250 I will see what needs to be done. As discouraged as I am that I am back at needing to lose 150+ pounds, I am just as eager and excited to get back on track. I lost 50 pounds in about 5 months at the beginning of the year. This time I hope to lose 60 pounds by April 1, 2012 (yes, April fools day) which would be just about 4 1/2 months.

Wish me well friends, and pray I don't let myself and my family down. More posting to come this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment