Mike's progress

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Update...

Before I get into the weight loss stuff, I want to post something else. This past Thursday was Thanksgiving and around 2:30am I found out my Aunt had passed away. She was 72 years old, never had any medical issues that were major and was my mother's only sister. She had spoke to my mom (who lives next door) the afternoon before and had told her she had baked her pumpkin pies and was going to sit back and relax. At 2am her grandson who lived with her came in from work and found her passed away in her recliner. Apparently she had just fell asleep watching tv and passed in her sleep. We will all miss Anna Glynn, but she was a devout Christian who I know is with our Lord in Heaven.

So this being said, it reminds me even more to hold my priorities in order. Faith, family, friends and all the other stuff just falls where it falls. No doubt the decades of gravy, fried foods and snack cakes undoubtedly led to arteries being clogged and other health issues for my aunt, but with her never going to a doctor they were never found. I am in far worse health at 33 than my aunt was. She was just overweight...not obese.

I found out at work last week we are having another Biggest Loser type contest. Of course I was all about joining. No matter how off course I get on my weight loss adventure, I never stop thinking about it or making some right decisions to help me. Of course the bad me seen it doesn't start until the 29th, so I have ate without caution all week. Now I pay an embarrassing cost for all that sugar, salt and fat. That bloating I have, along with general weight gain, has made all my clothes that are funeral appropriate VERY tight. I will be a pall bearer at my aunt's funeral and only hope not to split my pants during the ceremony. This has been the ultimate smack in the face to make me even more aware how serious my food compulsion and weight issue is.

Beginning Monday I will not be writing big huge posts daily on here. I think that making my eating plan and weight loss such a huge life consuming focus is actually causing some sort of burnout that is sabotaging me. Instead, I will post any major events that may be on my mind and my successes. My starting weigh in weight I will post and maybe a goal for the next weigh in. I did order a new book that tells the story from a man who has lost 200 pounds and has kept it off 20 years. It is called Goodbye Fat Guy! by Starke Taylor. It should be here beginning of the week.

That's all for now. My latest attempt begins the 29th. All I can do is keep moving forward and not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment