Mike's progress

Friday, July 2, 2010

Same as yesterday...

Ok, I am noticing a trend that I do not like. I have no interest in eating all day, until dinner meal. Today I started with oatmeal and a banana. For lunch I ate off of the Fresco menu at Taco Bell. My lunch was under 500 calories. I felt great. Then we went to dinner at a steakhouse. I had just about 5 little cubes of fried alligator nuggets (never had them so thought me and Chloe could do our own Bizarre Foods challenge). Not bad and not terrible calories since I had so few (they were the size of dice). Then I didn't get my big 20oz steak, but instead opted for the 10 oz sirloin that I trimmed probably 2 oz of fat off of. Once again, not bad. It was lean and grilled so did good there. Then I had a baked potato (plain...to begin with, will talk about that in a sec) and the salad bar for some veggies. That's where the crap hit the fan. I couldn't tell what dressings were what, so instead of asking a waitress I just got bleu cheese. Lotta fat and calories there. Then I had 2 slices of rye bread with butter. Lotta fat and carbs. Then I added about two tablespoons of cheddar cheese sauce and two tablespoons of taco beef from the salad bar to my plain potato. What the hell is wrong with me?!?!? I was staring at the grilled chicken sandwich and plain baked potato meal while Crystal and Chloe ordered. What causes a man to then order the less healthy. That really isn't even the issue though. The meal I ordered would have been fine. Had I not loaded my potato or got a salad bar it would have been 540 calories and about 650 if I ate the little garlic toast. But instead I added another 500 calories I'm sure. So for today, I had about 2200 calories. I went into dinner having a little over 900 calories. I have been saying that I won't beat myself up over it and can just start new tomorrow. That is getting hard to do when I screw up so often lately. I have got to man up and get past my old self trying to sabotage the new Mike. Right now, I am still on the road of my adventure. I am no where near eating as bad as I used to. I am still walking alot thru the day and keeping my calories (most days) around 1500-1800. Once again, tomorrow is a new day and I will do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment