Mike's progress

Sunday, April 17, 2011

First yard mowing of 2011

Ordinarily, I would want to forget about mowing. This time last year I was gasping for breathe and thinking I was having a heart attack after each yard mowing. Even though Crystal or Chloe had another push mower helping out. Last year we needed an hour and a half to do all the mowing. Thankfully, things are better this year. We have had a lot of rain and between our schedules and just not being home to mow, the yard was WAY high. Even with that tall grass, we managed to mow it in less than 50 minutes! I am sure that this is in part to being about 40 pounds lighter than last year. I only took a 1 minute and a 2 minute break and have not had to take a hit on my asthma inhaler. Oddly enough, my knee doesn't even hurt too bad. Just more fuel to keep my weight loss fire burning.

Now the not so good. After church, we went to a mexican restaurant where I ate a lunch size chicken taco salad...including the fried tortilla bowl and chips with cheese dip. BAD Mike, bad! No worries though. Except for an orange for dinner, that is all I have ate today. Myfitnesspal.com estimates my lawn mowing burned 677 calories for my size and my total calories are only 1400 for the day. I'm not hungry and I feel good that I passed on ice cream while we were out. All in all, it's been a great day! Have a great night friends, I'm about ready for bed ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment