Mike's progress

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A better day today!

I didn't post yesterday out of frustration. I weighed in my kitchen yesterday morning and the scale hadn't moved at all since last Friday. I weighed at work, and it too hadn't budged. My frustration level was/is about a 99/100. My calories have not topped over 1950 in a week, I am walking and being active and I am not drinking much pop. I don't get it. The old Mike is saying that I am eating too many carbs, but the new educated Mike knows the carbs I am eating are good, natural and complex carbs. The old Mike would say that I need to eat only 1200 calories a day, but the new Mike knows that would just be a crash diet that I would either quit doing or I would gain all my weight back after I tried eating a normal calorie ration. So last night I went to bed down and wanting to binge eat...but I didn't.

Flash forward to today. I weighed again and again there was no change. I felt bloated and huge all day. At work I did something I have not did in about 4 months. I got a snack out of the vending machine. I was so frustrated with not losing anything in the last 5 days or so that I could have been bad. Instead, I opted for chocolate baked Goldfish graham crackers for 260 calories and only 8g fat (I ate the whole 2 serving bag). Me and the family decided to get active as soon as we got home. My crappy feeling soon was about to get better. My basketball shorts from last year that always inched up my inner thighs now fit me perfect and baggy. My t-shirt no longer fit me like a sausage casing. Instead of a long walk, we walked about a half mile to the local school playground where me and Chloe played basketball for about 45 minutes. It was more chasing the ball after bad shots than standing and shooting the ball. I was absolutely amazed at how much more energy I had after "just" 40 pounds off me. This is the first ball I've played since last year. Last time I was wheezing and out of breath after running down a ball. Tonight I would run down the ball (okay, it was more of a fast jog than a run) and then keep running back to the goal to lay it in. Same went for Chloe. We both actually looked and felt like we belonged out there pretending to be ball players ;-) Reality that I am still 363 pounds set in soon after leaving the court. My right ankle hurts from all the jumping and running. The basket we shot at had a tight net. So everytime we made a basket (which wasn't too often) I would have to jump and hit the ball to get it out. After a hot shower and a chance to put my feet up, I am fine now. I just don't think I will be running or jumping as much until I get a few pounds off. The last thing I need is a stress fracture that would keep me from doing my walks.

Well, anyway that was my last two days. Tomorrow is my weigh in at home with Chloe. Not expecting anything, but this is a long adventure and not a day trip to losing it all. Regardless of what it says, I will post the results tomorrow. My work weigh in is Monday, but I'm sure I'll be weighing tomorrow too. Have a good one friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment