Mike's progress

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No work for me today

Today was a scheduled day off work for me. Our puppy was spayed yesterday, so I thought I'd stay home and make sure she didn't have any issues. I left to take kids to school and my mom to the store this morning. Then I left to pick them up from school and to get me some groceries for dinner. I made baked jerk chicken breasts, island brown rice with mango, pineapple and green onion and some mango salsa with onion and cucumber. To go with it we had some light flatbread type wrap and some avocado. It was my first time eating or cooking with avocado and mango. It was the first time I have ate that much produce in one meal and I loved it. It was such a nice and light dinner for a change.
 I am going to weigh at work tomorrow just to get an idea of where I am and if I need to do any calorie tweaking. The myfitnesspal.com tools have been a huge help. It is my calorie tracker, exercise tracker and just logging in helps with my motivation. I am also trying to figure out how to use my twitter and am tweating my weight loss related entries. I'm going to post more tomorrow regarding my weight and such. Til then, have a good evening friends!

Remember to check out fat2fitradio.com (not trying to sound like a pitchman, but this podcast and blog rocks...download the podcast on Itunes)

No comments:

Post a Comment