Mike's progress

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8th

I weighed 2 pounds less than I did on Friday! I am at just over 38 pounds lost and hope to hit 40 by Friday. I walked almost a half hour at work today. My calories are just under 1900. I have been a little nervous since Sunday's walk. I have had discomfort/aching in my chest. Not sure if it's my lungs hurting due to the cold air I breathed in, or if it's my heart. It doesn't hurt, it just aches. I can breathe fine, but I just don't feel right at times. Particularly it is worse when I walk. If it's worse soon, I'm going to get it checked out. But enough of that. Tonight me and the family went to Shoneys restaurant to eat. I selected the under 550 calorie blackened GRILLED chicken breast with rice and garlic toast. I added the salad/fruit bar. After enjoying two nice side salads with just a little cheese and fat free dressing, I was feeling good. I avoided their buffet where I would have went overboard and chose the lower calorie option. The good feeling left soon after my meal arrived. I put grilled in all caps to illustrate without a doubt it was to be a grilled chicken breast. What I got was a breast that was cut in half to make two cutlets, each swimming in oil/grease. I could make a puddle on my plate with the grease. I advised the waitress that I was watching my fat/calories and that is why I ordered grilled chicken. She wanted to act like the chicken was made normal, but then even she couldn't excuse the oil all over it and my plate. She asked if I wanted another one with no oil or butter on it. Oil and butter on a grilled meal that is advertised as under 550 calories?!?! I advised yes, but still got a suspiciously moist grilled chicken breast. By this time, everyone else had ate so I just went ahead and ate it. I also estimated an additional 150 calories on the meal since I have the feeling that meal was not made to be 550 calories. I may be overshooting the estimation, but better safe than sorry. I came home and had an awesome low calorie (100 calories) fudge bar. It is Aldi's grocery store's Fit and Active brand and says compare to Weight Watchers on the box. They are great and less than $3 a box! Well, that's all I got for today. Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment