Mike's progress

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Big 'ol boy got bigger

Since the first gung ho blog entry and weight loss start roughly two weeks ago, I have gained 4 pounds. Today's weigh in has me at 397.4 lbs. I will say though I have went through lots of good food this past holiday weekend and weigh in was at 1:30pm (after I had ate twice and drank two bottles of water). Regardless, I am heavier and feel worse than I have in long time. I look back at my past entries and remember how good I felt. Well, it's time to get back at it.

I thought today would suck, but it wasn't bad. I missed my homies like crazy but they showed me love with texts and facebook messages. Angie, Jamie, Rachael and Laura are awesome at encouraging me! All of my buddies are, but I am only singling out the ones who contributed today ;-)

There is going to be alot of competition in our work version of biggest loser. I know just by looking at the people who didn't need to join, who will be popping laxatives and water pills, who will starve and who will drop out. I will be in the group who actually wants to lose weight and could care less about a prize...although I would gladly take it. One of my co-workers, who shall go nameless, proceeded to give me all sorts of wonderful advice on dieting. Obviously he doesn't realize that an obese person who has dieted all their life knows more than most diet gurus just from the personal experience. I politely nodded my head and agreed...even when he was recommending I do a workout meant for those who aren't 160 pounds overweight. Oh well, that's part of the adventure.

On a different subject...Chloe probably won't make basketball team next year as try outs proving to be too demanding. She is making me so proud though and is going to finish out the week of try outs. She is winded and wore out and talks about how so many other girls were better than her - but she is staying positive. She knows that what she learns now by trying out will show her what she needs to do to have a chance at making the 7th grade team next year.

This has been long winded, I know, but that was my day in a nut shell. I'm just glad I got my diet short bus back on the freeway and out of the restaurant drive-thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment