Mike's progress

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weigh in day!

After the bad day eating Friday, I was really nervous about weigh in today. No need to be though, I lost 10.4 pounds! That makes 22 pounds in two weeks and my weight is now at 375.2! I am hoping to be under 370 next week. I was doing a little math in my head and hear is how I hope this goes long term (yes, I know I should just focus on one day at a time, but its fun to plan too): If I can lose 8 more pounds by end of this month (total 30), and average 3 pounds lost a week July - December (72 pounds) than I can be at 295 pounds and 102 lost by January 1st! That would put me within 50 pounds of what would probably be my goal. Obviously, I have not been under 300 pounds in years so I am not sure if 245 will be a good weight for my 6' 3" frame or not, but it would have to be close I would assume. I know I will never be skinny, I just want to be fit and not obese.

Lets get back to now. Today I ate like crap. I went without eating until after our 1pm weigh in. Than I proceeded to eat 2 biscuits, ham and baked spaghetti...and that was just from 130 - 330. At home I had two baked potatoes (w/margerine), two biscuits, ham and a slice of cheese. The food was courtesy of a family friend (I just think of her as my cousin) and it was so good that I just lost all control (story of my life). She is an awesome cook and does catering. My mom was fortunate enough to get some of the leftovers she made to take some work off of her feeding my kids and my friends kids that she keeps while we work. I just happened to inherit some of it as well. I appreciate every bite of that good food...but starting back tomorrow, no more of that kind of stuff. Back to lean protein, veggies, grains and fresh fruit. Grocery day tomorrow, so I can restock on the good stuff. It really is one day/meal at a time. Today I just laid down at every battle and let food win. Tomorrow I reload and kick some butt! The scale is moving down and my confidence is moving up, things are going good and I am confident the non-weight loss issues in my life are going to get better also.

No comments:

Post a Comment