Mike's progress

Friday, June 11, 2010

Son's birthday party gives cause to cheat...

And now I feel like crap for it! I ended up at the pizza buffet/arcade for my son's 9th birthday meal. I figured I would have 2 pieces of pizza, a salad or two and just watch my son have a good time. Here is what happened instead...

Had watermelon at work for breakfast...good
Had roast beef sub and small fries at Arbys...not tragic, first fried food in over a week. didn't add a jr. roastbeef to my combo or supersize it like I used to.

Then the nose dive into failure. Started with a salad. One bite into the funky lo-cal dressing on it and I knew I was done. So I figured I would get 3 pieces of pizza. Not as bad as it sounds since the slices are about 4 inches long and maybe 1 1/2 inches wide, about the 1/3rd of the size of a regular slice of pizza. So one slice of buffalo chicken pizza, one slice of bbq chicken pizza and one slice of bacon and onion pizza. Than round two. 2 more buffalo chicken and 2 more bacon and onion slices. Than round three. Pasta with alfredo sauce, 2 more slices buffalo chicken and one more slice bacon and onion.

The tailspin continued with a piece of birthday cake. (which, I planned that part. it is my boy's cake. It's not like it's a regular ol party cake or something, it's special)

And the explosion when I hit the bottom was when I had another piece of cake at about 9:30.

So damage control begins tomorrow. I have until Tuesday (the next weigh in) to get my crap in gear and recover from today's gazillion calories! The plan for attack is simple and is as follows:
Don't beat myself up over one bad day.
Get out of the house tomorrow (weather permitting) and walk/shoot baskets.
Eat lean and light!
Drink water all day.

The day was a weight loss adventure breakdown, but that is just a small thing in the day. Being with family and celebrating Austin's birthday was great. Watching video of Chloe's talent show performances from today made me proud to have such an awesome daughter. I am blessed with a great family! My friends are awesome to. I don't have many true friends and don't see them much now, but I know they are there for me and they know I am there for them. In the famous words of Ice Cube, Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment